Followers

Monday, February 4, 2013

Milestone 50th post and 333 followers.

Just a quick post so people don't forget me. 

Life is currently busy with no respite in sight so not much progress on the cottage but I was a bit pleased with the carved bits to go above the front door. This turned out to be of those quick and unexpectedly easy projects and because it is such an old cottage a bit of rusticity (ie rough and amateurish imperfection) isn't too out of place. 


It's lovely to see new followers and while I haven't visited all of you yet, I am getting there slowly and as always am delighted and impressed with the imaginative and talented people out there. Isn't it amazing being able to share in the projects of people from all over the world in the comfort of your own home! 

 I have also pulled out the skinny knitting needles and started working on a giveaway to celebrate 50 posts and 333 (because its a cute number) followers. I'm not entirely sure knitting is my forte but perseverance is and this can be whipped out to work on in spare minutes so watch this space...


Meanwhile: knit one, knit two together, drop one, swear once (or more), hunt for hook, pick up dropped stitch, discover two others have fallen off, unravel, start again, knit one, knit two together...

18 comments:

  1. I follow that same pattern when knitting

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, it seems to be a popular one! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is all looking rather lovely Christine. Good luck with your knitting...rather you than me. I find real life size knitting hard enough ...let alone in miniature! Celia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your house. As usual your work is amazing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chrisyine,
    Great picture of your house. It is such a beautiful miniature. Have fun knitting!
    Hugs,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the door surround on your house -- isn't rustic nice :) The imperfects just make it more perfect!

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and really clever work too, it looks so authentic, as if it's always been there! What wood did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Original picture of your house.
    Good luck with knitting.
    Bye Faby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the carved corner pieces over your Door!!! They are Fantastic! I think they Should look old and weathered and a bit primitive... that suits the age of the House!
    And congratulations on 300 followers! You are very brave to try the knitting.... I wish I had the courage to try tiny knitting.... but I never seem to finish any knitting I start!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone, Celia, Donna, Giac, Nina, Chas, Faby and Betsy :-D The carved wood is obeche, Chas which I'm not sure is a good choice as it breaks away quite easily, but then that may be the lack of skill of the carver.

    Progress on knitting is slow. I am doing a week of defence training for work and have aches in every muscle and in places without muscles too... ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your 50th post and all these followers!!

    The carving above the door really fits in with the style of the cottage and you must have a huge amount of patience with those knitting needles!! They are tiny.

    Keen to see what you make :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the door, looks perfect :) good luck with the knitting - amazing in fact. I follow your instructions with full sized knitting so no chance with mini :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news with the 50th post and 333 followers. I agree, it seems like a good number to highlight and gosh you are brave with that mini knitting and I'm sure it'll turn out just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, funky, Laura and Irene. :-D

    Knitting is progressing - about 1cm to go except that no matter how much more I knit, there still seems to be 1cm to go?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your last comments sounds like a commentary on my knitting efforts. I haven't been brave enough to have a go at miniature knitting yet (I have enough trouble will full sized knitting) but I am sure I will have a go at some stage. Look forward to seeing the results of your effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The knitted item is finished! Just getting together a few other bits and pieces so that my giveaway doesn't entirely consist of a tangle of pink thread. :O

      Delete
  16. Congratulations on reaching 300 Followers! I love the carved surround on top of the door - it looks just right. You are very brave to tackle the mini knitting; I end up with my fingers full of holes and all the stitches falling off the needles even though I can knit in full scale lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect fingers full of holes are part of mini knitting!

      Delete